In our house, Myke is the cook and I’m the baker. He is always looking for a easy and delicious recipe for us and now that we are a growing family, we need that more than ever.
Our classic go to is a lean protein and something green, which is what the video above is all about! Hopefully we can start to share some of our favorite recipes with you all, both for meals and for desserts.
Fried Pork Chops and Broccoli
- 2 Boneless Pork Chops
- 2 Cups Bread Crumbs
- 1 Pinch Cilantro Flakes
- 1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Large Broccoli Bunches
- 3 tbsp Sour Cream
- Set a large pot of water and a pinch of salt boiling
- While the water boils cut off the broccoli florets, when the water boils add the broccoli. Cook for 5-10 minutes until broccoli is soft, then place broccoli in a bowl.
- In a medium bowl, add the bread crumbs, cheese and cilantro. Mix to combine.
- Pat the pork chops dry with a paper towel.
- Coat the pork chops in the sour cream and dredge them in the breadcrumb mixture.
- Heat some olive oil in a medium pan, then add the pork chops, cooking 5-8 minutes on each side until golden brown, and the meat is cooked all the way through.
- Allow the pork to rest and then serve with the cooled broccoli.