How’s everyone doing? If I’m being truthful, life has been somewhat normal for us in our house. Now don’t get me wrong, it’s been difficult to be in the house and not going pretty much anywhere except for walks. We have been able to sneak out to Jamba Juice a couple of times, don’t worry we kept up our social distancing. Myke’s job has been deemed essential so he still goes into work. My dad is home with me and the girls, so that’s really the only thing that has changed. However, it is wonderful to have some help while we are cooped up in the house.
Just like every other parent with kids, I am trying to keep things as normal as possible for the girls. They don’t fully understand all that is happening, but I have had to explain to Olivia why we can’t go play on the playground at the park.
With everything going on in the world right now, it’s sometimes difficult to find joy in things. Seeing local establishments closed, walking by roped off parks, being unable to find toilet paper and low stock on many essentials. It can be sad to see all these things. However, I have seen so many good things happen during this pandemic. I thought I would share them with you so you can join me in some happiness, even if it is for a little bit.
- People saying hello in the streets.
- Celebrities reading on Instagram TV and me saving it so the girls can watch them over and over again.
- Many Churches embracing service online.
- Chalk drawings by neighborhood kids.
- Free scholastic resources for parents with kids now out of school.
- Virtual tours online.
- Beautiful weather for nice long walks.
- Christina Tosi and her Baking club on Instagram.
- The theatrical movie releases that are available to rent at home and watch in your PJs(my dream come true).
- People doing Zoom calls with family for dinners, happy hours, and playdates.
- Videos like this one and this one.
- Olivia begging to go outside and learning how to climb trees.
- Meghan playing in the dirt.
- The hilarious and mostly wholesome jokes Myke and I send back and forth to each other.
If you’re looking for an online church, whether you just want to shake it up, or you’ve never been to church before. We’d love to invite you to ours! We have a sort of live broadcast where we watch the service together online and comment throughout! Here is the premiere page for this Sunday at 10 A.M.