Let’s Bake: EP 3 – The “World’s Best Cookies”!
World’s Best Cookies?
- 1 Cup Butter
- 1 Cup White Sugar
- 1 Cup Brown sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 Cup Oil
- 1 Cup Rolled Oats
- 1 Cup Crushed corn flakes (or any cereal like bran, chex, but grape nuts are best) We used corn flakes
- ½ Cup Shredded Coconut We didn't use them
- ½ Cup Chopped nuts (or chocolate chips) We went with chocolate chips
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 3 1/2 Cups Sifted Flour
- Cream Together butter, and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add egg, mixing well, then oil, mixing well, add oats, crushed cereal, chocolate chips (or coconut and nuts), mix well
- Add flour, soda, salt and vanilla, mix well and form into balls the size of small walnuts or drop from a teaspoonful onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- flatten with a fork if dough was formed into balls
- Bake at 325° for 12 minues. Allow to cool on cookie sheets for a minute or two before removing.
This recipe comes from a former coworker of my mom’s and she had never made them before. She couldn’t remember when exactly she received them, but she did have a little bit of a memory of the cookies-they are a bit different, but they were good.
I’m going to cut right to the chase, World’s Best Cookies? No, these are not the best cookies of all time. You guys-I was shocked. I’m not going to lie, they didn’t sound half bad, but when we tried them I just couldn’t really wrap my mind around them. They aren’t disgusting, just not for me. We did not put the coconut (we both don’t like the flavor and texture of it) and we opted for the chocolate chips, cause that’s how we roll.
I’ve had cookies with cornflakes in them so I know those would be good in cookies. I think it was the combination of that and the oats that really didn’t help the cookie. When you first bite in, they taste fine, but they feel like sawdust in your mouth. It was a very strange texture.
If anything, this recipe has inspired me to find a good recipe with cornflakes in them. I feel like they would add an extra crunch to the cookie, but I just have to find the right combination. So maybe that will be the next project for me.
Unfortunately, this wasn’t a very interesting one. I don’t see failures as a bad thing. They teach you what works and what doesn’t. I was following someone’s recipe, so maybe I can make it my own by trying something new. What do you think?
If you haven’t yet, please go subscribe to our YouTube Channel it really helps us out, you can also support us by buying something from Amazon using our little affiliate page here. If you’re looking to get some video production or photography and you’re in the Northern California area, we would love to work with you!